Monday, March 22, 2010

"I am the Lord of the Dance," said he.

Everything is so new! The culture, not so much... I have found Port Credit is kind of like Comstock Park and Cadillac's lovechild; somewhat quaint with an abundance of boutiques, with a very personal feel.

Yesterday we went to a small church with a congregation of no more than one hundred, 70% at the least being over 60 years of age. Aaaaaadorable! So, so precious. How many times have you been greeted at the door of a church with a hug and gummy bear? The worship was very simple, but extremely genuine. Everyone seemed to love and know each other so well. The people there were so excited for our YWAM group and really encouraging.
Oh, and we rode a train to church...

Today was the first day of class, but it was more of an orientation type thing. We talked about the heart of our DTS and how I.net started. Then we had cheesy team bonding time games. It's so weird because I feel like I've known these people my entire life, but we haven't even scratched the surface yet. It's hard to explain, but I am already feeling challenged. Not necessarily in my relationship with God and others, but with myself. Because there are people from all different types of cultures, they want to know about mine too. Today Wouter, from the Netherlands, asked me if I enjoyed living in America. This may seem like an easy question to answer but it really took a lot of thought. So I guess what I'm saying is that I have been having to just think more. I'm loving it!

Tonight Pearl, from the UK, and I had dinner duty, but everyone we were supposed to cook for was gone so we went out to eat. But who would have thought you had to be at least 21 to eat almost ANYWHERE on the main street?? It was so ridiculous. Our options were limited to pizza and Quiznos. But theeen we found Ten. It looked promising, but a bit pricey. We decided to "give it a go" and upon entering Pearl asked "Do you have to be like 25 to eat here? We're just starving!" The host laughed and brought us to a table. But... it was dark. Literally lit by candlelight and extremely dim globe lightbulbs. We couldn't really pronounce anything on the menu so we both decided to get the same kind of pizza. Then we couldn't resist the "One of Everything" dessert platter. It beats beef stir fry, which is what everyone had back at the apartments.

Also, the mystery of the missing room 309 key has been solved. It was in my purse for the past two days. Sorry, Sue.



All for Jesus.

Dance then, wherever you may be
I am the Lord of the Dance, said He!
And I'll lead you all, wherever you may be
And I'll lead you all in the Dance, said He

1 comment:

  1. i feel happy that i know your town. irl.
    i love you momma's boy. =]

    ReplyDelete